Monday, October 22, 2018

Keeping It Simple



There is no escaping that I am a "thick chick".  I try to keep my snacks simple.  Gone are the days when I went through a bag of chips.  Now, I try to make sure that my snacks are satisfying, but won't add pounds.  Today's snack is really simple.  Today we used the AIR FRYER!  This gadget has changed my life.  I get yummy things without the grease.  Since, it is fall, there are so many awesome vegetables and lots of squash that are new in season.  I keep acorn squash on hand.  I cut them in half, clean out the seeds and they are ready for me when I am looking for an evening snack.


This is my trusty AIR FRYER!




There are so many air fryers on the market right now.  I am not a great resource for any other brand out there.  I only know about my trusty fryer.  This one was a gift.  I know that it is the largest one.  This, really helps in making meals for my family.


COOK'S ESSENTIALS

My AIR FRYER is a COOK'S ESSENTIALS.  I use it for everything really.  I use it way more than the microwave.  I will try to share with you something new at least once a month using this awesome small appliance.

Moving on...  I brush the acorn squash half lightly with olive oil. (vegetable oil is just fine here)  Then, I place the squash open side down on a square of foil inside the fryer.  I set the fryer to 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  When, the timer goes off, I pull the fryer basket and turn the squash over.  I lightly salt and pepper.  I put the squash back in for 10 minutes more.  Considering that this would take almost an hour in the oven, I prefer this method.





The result is this awesome, caramelized, golden goodness!  Let's just say that this is so much better for me than the potato chips.  I could add many more seasonings like onion, garlic, etc.  I imagine that a pat of real creamery butter would be splendid.  This is just my way of watching my waist.

Until next time...


Blessings from Nannacakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment